Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Want What You Can't Have

Isn't it funny how everyone wants what they can't have? And isn't it funny how when you have something you don't really want it until it is gone?

I think this is true from 2 year olds all the way up to 92 year olds.

Dotty complained every time we had to go to soccer practice. It was a beating to get her to participate at all half the time. She would also sometimes refuse to play during games. She just never really seemed to enjoy it a whole lot at times, but we would not let her quit the team.

Last night when I talked to her she asked me, "When can I go back to soccer practice?"
I said, "Soccer is over until the spring."

Whining and complaining followed.

I can assure you if she would have had soccer practice yesterday she would have complained that she didn't want to go! I am not sure this will get better with age. In fact, if my teenage years are any indication...it will only get worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment