Monday, February 27, 2012

Sleeping Alone???

This morning Dotty came into my bedroom saying, "I did it Momma!!!"

She had both hands up in the air wanting a "High Ten" (aka...the double high five). I am always happy to praise Dotty so I slapped my hands to hers and said, "That is awesome!!! What exactly did you do?"

Dotty was at that moment doing a sort of dance/running in place in a wobbly circle move (which made me think...this poor girl doesn't know the difference between "working out" and "working it").

When Dotty stopped her sad version of a victory dance she said, "I slept in MY BED all by MYSELF all night long!" (with emphasis on the "my bed" and "myself")

You see we are working on getting her to accomplish such a feat. She seems to think bedtime is a group activity.

Every night I lay down with Dotty until she goes to sleep (and most of the time I end up falling asleep too). When she is out (and I wake up) I go to my room. Most nights at least once and sometimes two or three times I hear a soft "Mommy???" from her room and the entire process starts all over again. Some nights I just give up and sleep with her until my alarm goes off.

So this morning Dotty was so excited she had made it "all night" alone in her bed.

I smiled and said, "Well you did pretty good. But don't you remember waking up and coming in my room and asking me to come sleep with you?"

She stopped and looked at me all confused.

I tried to explain in more detail, "I fell asleep with you and then went to my bed to sleep. Then at 1:30 you came and had me come sleep with you again."

Dotty still looked puzzled...then she said "You mean that was you?!"

Sometimes I have no idea what goes through a 4 year old's mind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment