Saturday, August 10, 2013

In honor of "My Brittany"...one of the best stepmoms I know...

Today I want to give a special tribute to Brittany. She and Tony are getting married today and thus she will "officially" be Dotty's stepmom. But Brittany has been more than just a stepmom to Dotty for a long time now.

For a while when people would ask Dotty who Brittany was in relation to Dotty...Dotty would simply reply "My Brittany".

Several times when Dotty had "Mom's Night" or "Dad's Night" at school Dotty would ask me "When is there going to be a "Brittany's Night?"

Dotty has loved Brittany from the beginning...and to this Mom's joy and delight...the feeling is absolutely reciprocated on Brittany's end.

Brittany has always shown Dotty unconditional love and that is all I could ever ask for from anyone who is in my child's life.

But on top of that...Brittany has also shown me unconditional love...not to mention respect and friendship. Brittany never tries to be "the mom" to Dotty. She has never once stepped on my toes when it comes to parenting choices or decisions. She always keeps me in the loop. She is so supportive of the non-traditional co-parenting relationship Tony and I have and best of all...Brittany is the sweetest thing on earth.

I always say if I had met her earlier in life we would have been good friends...luckily we are now good friends AND parents to Dotty.

I know we five (Tony, Brittany, Dylann, Dotty, and me) make quite a sight sometimes...and no doubts many people wonder how we make all this work. The fact is...we choose to make it work and one of the main reasons it works is because Brittany is so great.

Today Dotty will be one of the cutest flower girls on earth (her and Dylann will share this title).

While today is very special...I must say that Brittany has always been very special to me.

I wish Tony and Brittany nothing but the best...and a long and happy marriage. I know Dotty is one lucky girl to be loved by so many...especially by "her Brittany".

No comments:

Post a Comment