Monday, January 2, 2012

Saying Goodbye to the "Fantasy of Lights"....



Dotty LOVED the Burns "Fantasy of Lights" that is set up outside of MSU! We drove past it at least 20 times (this is no exaggeration either) and we walked through it 5 times (and she also went with her Daddy a few times).

The light show will be taken down this week so on Saturday night I took Dotty for one final stroll through the Fantasy of Lights displays. The night started off perfect...not too cold and very few people were out...so we could look at each display as long as we wanted to without feeling like we were "holding up the line".

Then a cold front started to blow in and the wind and leaves started to really blow hard all around us. We had been there for well over 30 minutes and I was ready to leave. But Dotty wanted to pop a bubble coming out of the "Robot".




Now on night with no wind...this is a pretty easy task...but tonight the bubbles were flying past us at about 20 miles per hour or were flying up too high to reach.

Dotty was getting very frustrated and she was also very upset that the Fantasy of Lights would not be up any longer...she was having a hard time saying goodbye to the lighted lawn of MSU.

We stood in front of the Robot for well over 10 minutes trying to catch an illusive bubble...Dotty cried for a good 8 of those minutes. I finally told her that it hurt me to see her cry and that we should go...or that we could stand here...even if it took all night and she could try to pop a bubble...but I would not stand and watch her cry. (Mainly because the people that passed by us looked at me like I was the worst mother ever!)

At one point I was telling Dotty to be like "The Little That Could" and say "I think I can...I think I can" and maybe the positive attitude will help us pop a bubble.

Dotty just looked at me and said with tears still tempting to fall from her eyes, "I think God is laughing at us."

I started laughing so hard! I told her God had much bigger problems that whether or not we popped a bubble...but that God had given her the patience and the ability to pop a bubble...she just had to use both.

Glory to God...about a minute after that she popped a bubble!

Big Smiles...high fives all around...a small victory dance that involved a lot of booty shaking...and then she skipped all the way to the car.

I know Dotty will miss the Fantasy of Lights but I personally need an 11 month break!

No comments:

Post a Comment