Monday, January 30, 2012

Church of Christ

Dotty LOVES going to church with Nana. Nana's Church of Christ church is small in members. Most Sundays there will be about 20 people in the pews...and they all love to see Dotty when she visits.

Yesterday Dotty and I went to church with Nana. Dotty went to Sunday School with her beloved teacher...Sandy. Then Dotty came in to have church service with everyone else.

A four year old does not have the longest attention span...especially when no electronics are allowed and you have to be VERY quiet.

During the hymns Dotty started to do her version of "interpretive dancing". Now in some denominations this might be accepted and encouraged...but at the Church of Christ things are a little bit more subdued. I tried to discourage Dotty's dance performance before she got too carried away.

Then Dotty laid down in the floor under the pews by my feet. At one point she lifted up and asked "Is that same guy still talking?" referring to the visiting preacher and his sermon.

Now I am sure I am super sensitive to Dotty's voice but I felt like everyone probably heard her. I hushed her and told her to be quiet it was almost over.

When we went to bed last night Dotty's prayer was as follows...

"Dear Lord, I am going to keep this short because we prayed a lot at church today so your ears must be tired. I know mine were."

No comments:

Post a Comment