Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh what an imagination...

Dotty is at that age where she loves to play pretend. She loves to tell stories and she loves to makeup situations, characters, events, etc. At home Dotty is constantly wanting me to be the "patient" so she can use her doctor bag and give me a "check-up". More than once I have had a play thermometer shoved in my mouth or been poked hard by her toy shot of medicine (her bedside manners are pretty bad). She also has a dress up bag full of hair and makeup items. I have been blown out, curled up, straightened, combed, and brushed until I am sure my hair is about to fall out and I have had so much fake lipstick, eye shadow, and blush put on that if it was the real deal I would put Tammy Faye Baker to shame.

At Memaw's apartment Dotty loves to play with the toy kitchen. She is constantly asking "What do you want for supper?" Everything is served with peas and french fries (what a lovely combination) and the best part of all of it is that she only "cooks" in the microwave part and uses the sink to "wash the dishes"...I guess I need to use the stove more at our house so she will know what to do with it!

Dotty has also gotten to the point where what is real and what she "thought was real" are a little blurred. When I asked her last night how she got some bruises on her leg (she is always bumping into things and bruises are common with her) she told me..."Bara hit me but it is okay Momma because I hit her back." Now I am 100% positive that Bara did not hit Dotty, but what concerns me is that Dotty thought that "hitting Bara back" was a good solution. We had a long talk about how it was not nice to hit anyone for any reason.

Oh the joys and challenges that come with a 2 year old. No telling what Dotty says about me to other people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment