Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Park Day at SLP...

Today at school Dotty's class had a "Park Day". This is a day full of sand, slides, buckets, bugs, frogs and fun! Dotty's class got to go to the "big park" as Dotty explained to me. Normally they go to a smaller area separate from the main park that has smaller slides, swings, and toys for children 2 years and under.

Dotty was so pumped to get to go to "Presley's Playground" (i.e. the big playground). Although she did tell me some of the slides were so big they were "a little bit scary". From what I could gather from my 2 year old, the day was spent mostly outside with a little bit of cake in their classroom to top off the morning.

When I went to pick Dotty up she looked tired but not nearly as exhausted as her teacher, Mrs. Rumsfelt, looked. When I asked how the day was Mrs. Rumsfelt simply sighed and said "busy". Now from a woman with four boys all under the age of 7 (and one with a mild form of autism) that sounded like a pretty rough day. However, by the time we got to Memaw's house Dotty had caught a second wind and was running and playing!

I am so glad I am not a teacher. They are truly special people. If you have not done so lately thank a teacher...it does not even have to be your own child's teacher. Just find one (two or three) and thank them!

No comments:

Post a Comment