Monday, July 26, 2010

Pajamas Mamma...

Dotty's Memaw believes that if Dotty asks for something...Dotty gets it. (I have been trying to get Dotty to say, "I wish Mommy drove an Acadia" but that has not once popped out of my child's mouth after hours of rehearsal.)

So the other night Dotty wanted "pajamas" to sleep in. I am a firm believer in any t-shirt that is no longer suitable for public outings, once washed, makes a great night shirt, but I guess my kid thinks "official" pajamas are a must now. After searching for said pajamas Memaw was surprised we didn't have any (when will my mother ever figure me out).

So of course the next time I saw my mom she had 4...count them 4...new pairs of pajamas for Dotty to keep at our house. The outfits included polka-dots (I swear my child is going to hate those when she turns 10 but I just love them...always have), a Minnie Mouse set, a Dora set, and a Princess set with Belle, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella on the front.

Dotty was thrilled. At first she tried to wear all of them at once. When that didn't work she settled for the Princess ones and came in to model them for me (Ta-Da...as Dotty loves to say now). But before bedtime Dotty decided to be a "real" princess and went to put on her Belle dress up clothes...crown, high heels, and all. She then got in bed covered up and waited for Memaw to read her a book looking at both Memaw and me like we were the ones crazy for not letting her do this years ago...like since birth.

I love my little princess but a swift kick to my side during the night hurts bad enough with bare feet. I had no intentions of seeing what it would feel like coming from small plastic high heeled Belle shoes.

After some debate, a few tears, and one tantrum Dotty put on the Princess pajamas and went to bed. Two hours after falling asleep she had wet through her pajamas and had to be changed. So much for "official" pajamas.

This morning Dotty woke up and planned out the next several outfits she was going to wear. Dora to school today, Minnie Mouse to the party tonight, and polka-dots to bed. It took another debate, more tears, and a rather large tantrum but Dotty did go to school in regular clothes today...tomorrow I make no promises though. I might just surrender!

No comments:

Post a Comment