Friday, July 30, 2010

No means no...

Dotty is getting into a bad habit with not listening to me, flat out ignoring me, arguing with me, and just rebelling all together at times. I know at this stage they are testing their boundaries so I try to have patience and not lose my temper (and also remember that my baby is growing up and her days as a 2 year old are numbered so some fights just are not worth it).

The other day she was having a slice of pizza as a snack while she watched a movie laying on her Dora pillow in the living room floor. I told her "Do not put your pillow on top of your pizza". She did it any way. I then said..."Dotty, when I say no I mean no."

Dotty calmly looked at me and said in a very matter of fact tone "And when I say yes I mean yes."

I had to put my hands over my face and bite my thumb not to burst out laughing.

I know she should not talk back to me but it is so funny when she says things in such a grown up way with her little sweet voice. And I still just love seeing how her mind works.

To her, she should have just as much say as I do in the situation. In time I will show her who is boss...at least I pray I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment