Friday, July 1, 2011

Dotty's Thoughts...

Over the last few weeks Dotty has said some pretty cute stuff and I just have not had time to write them down. Here are a few...

You are Perfect...

One night Dotty and I were sitting in a chair watching "Peppa Pig". On this show many of the characters refer to Daddy Pig's tummy as being too big.
Dotty looked at me and said, "Daddy Pig has a fat tummy."
I said, "It is not nice to say that about someone."
Dotty replied, "Your tummy looks a little fat Mommy."
I responded, "You should not tell people they have fat tummies. It will hurt their feelings. Just say they have a perfect tummy."
Dotty thought for a moment then said to me with a bright grin, "Mommy you have a perfectly fat tummy."
I stopped trying at that point

5 O'clock Somewhere...
Last Wednesday Nana and Papaw were going to pick Dotty up at 5pm to take her to see her daddy. Dotty was very excited and was having a hard time waiting for the time to pass. When she asked me for the hundredth time if it was time for Nana and Papaw to be here I told her it was not 5 o'clock yet.
She then said to me "It must be 5 o'clock somewhere."
Jimmy Buffett would be so proud!

Better with Memaw...
A week or so ago I took Dotty to the Great Wolf Lodge. We spent all morning there playing and having a big time with Jeri and her boys. Then Dotty and I went to see my grandparents and play at their pool. By the end of the day I was worn out and exhausted but had loved every minute of being with Dotty. When I asked her if she had enjoyed the day she said, "Yep. But it would have been better if Memaw was here too."
I can't win for losing.

"C" is for Chick-fil-a...
I am a little concerned about my child's education. The other day she saw the capital letter "C" and said, "That means Chick-fil-a".
Of course my bigger concern might need to be her eating habits. Although she is a girl after my own heart...I LOVE Chick-fil-a!

That is Spanish for...
There are certain words and phrases I do not like Dotty to say. I don't like her to say...hate, stupid, dumb, butt, crap, etc. I know these words can be used in generic ways but Dotty tends to use them with their negative connotation. I really don't like Dotty to say...I hate you...You are stupid...etc.
When Dotty says these words or phrases she gets a stern look, gets reminded of why we don't use them, and sometimes gets put in timeout (depending on the situation).
Now Dotty has found a loophole. Whenever she says something she knows she is not supposed to she tells me, "It is Spanish for..."
For example, the other day Dotty said, "I hate this show."
When I started to get on to her she said, "That is Spanish for I want to watch another show."
Later she told me I was stupid. The minute I opened my mouth to scold her she said, "Mommy, that is Spanish for I love you."
While my Spanish is not so muy bueno...I think for a Fall class we might need to enroll Dotty in Spanish 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment