Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Black Hair Dye and White Tubs Don't Mix


Last night at Dotty's school they had a costume parade. Dotty wanted to be Jasmine. She also wanted to dye her hair black like Jasmine.

Apparently Tony tried to talk her into a black wig but that did not work. (I think he should try harder next time!) So yesterday afternoon I sprayed my child's sweet brownish blonde hair with black hair dye.

She was a cute Jasmine...and black hair makes her blue eyes pop...but I am still never doing that again...at least not if I am the one that has to wash it out!

Dotty was exhausted from the day (long story...but she got up at 5am and had not had a nap all day) and to top it off she did not want her black hair to go away.

Insert wailing and gnashing of teeth here.

It was quite the trick to get her into the tub and get her hair washed. I am so thankful Memaw was there to help or else I might have started crying too!

When all was said and done Dotty was clean but my bathtub was a black mess! It took me a good 20 minutes to clean it and it is still not like it used to be. I plan to bust out the big cleaning guns this weekend when Dotty is away and really SCRUB!

I also have sent a message to Tony saying that I will NOT do hair dye of any kind ever again. I had nightmares about that stuff all night! No wonder Halloween is so scary!!!

Hair dye at Halloween is now ranked right up there with bunnies at Easter...fine if someone wants Dotty to have that type of thing but I want nothing to do with it! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment