Monday, October 3, 2011

Pierced Ears

Tony and Brittany took Dotty and Dylann to get their ears pierced yesterday. Dotty has been wanting to have her ears pierced for two years now (as for Dylann...I am not so sure on what her opinion of it was).

Tony said Dotty did great! The guy doing it had to do each ear...one at a time...and Tony said Dotty did not even cry!!! Such a big girl!!!

(Dylann on the other hand apparently was a bit more opposed to the process. Brittany and Tony said she let them know about it too!)

Dotty was so excited to show me her ears when I picked her up yesterday! She ran up to me and said, "Mommy! I got my ear pierced!"...as she held back her hair for me to see her right ear. Then she turned to the other side and said "I got this ear pierced too!"

Glad she didn't stop at just the one!

Dotty picked out pink flower earrings...and she is already wanting me to pierce my ears too (that's right...I don't have my ears pierced) so we can wear matching earrings. Since I don't tolerate pain well, I think I am going to pass on this bonding experience.

Dotty has shown everyone she meets her pierced ears and she always adds, "Presley will be so jealous!"

While this is a true statement...I am not sure I like Dotty's way of thinking on this. But then again...Presley being two years older does make Dotty feel like Presley gets to do everything first...so if she has this one moment of glory...well then perhaps I can overlook her desire to make Presley jealous.

Side Note: I have warned Jake about all this and he agrees...Presley will indeed be jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment