Friday, October 7, 2011

Sleeping Like a Rock Star

Dotty likes to live like a rock star in one particular way...she likes to stay up late and sleep late. I on the other hand like to go to bed early and get up early. Needless to say...we are both kind of grumpy at bed time and in the morning.

Dotty also talks in her sleep a lot (fights with Presley, plays with Ava, yells for Memaw, etc.) and she gets up a lot wanting a drink or to go to the bathroom or something. She usually wakes me up at least three times a night for one reason or another. Dotty has never been a "good sleeper" and I have just come to accept it.

This whole week Dotty has been going to bed at almost 10pm but she has been awake every morning by 6:30am (on her own). And every night she is up two or three times needing something, wanting me to sleep with her, etc. I just knew at some point this would catch up to her. Finally it did...

Last night she was asleep by 9:30 and she slept straight through until 7am! Not once did I hear a peep out of her. In fact, when my alarm went off at 6:30 I was shocked I was still in my own bed! And I was so excited to have gotten over 8 hours of sleep...I hit snooze and slept for 10 more minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment