Monday, May 9, 2011

A Child's Love For A Mother

Children show their mothers how much they love them in lots of little ways. Here are just a few that I have personally received from Dotty...

She snuggles up to in bed and whispers "goodnight" to me.
She wakes up in the morning all sleepy eyed and yawns a "good morning" to me.
When she is crying she only wants her Mommy to hold her.
She makes me drawings filled with all kinds of colors and stickers and hands them to me so carefully like they will be worth a million dollars some day (which of course they are priceless in my eyes).
She brings me flowers picked from our neighbors yard (don't tell our neighbor).
She brings me weeds that look like flowers.
She brings me bugs (both dead and alive...her favorite are rollie pollies).
She brings me rocks.
She brings me things that are dark and brown but are not rocks and we have to immediately go wash our hands!
She holds my hand to cross the street.
She holds my hand when she is going to sleep.
She holds my hand when she is not thinking about holding my hand...she just does it out of habit.
She puts on fashion shows for me.
She tells me I am beautiful.
She tells me she looks like me...so she must be beautiful.
She tells me she loves me even though I have stinky breath in the morning.
She says she doesn't like me when I tell her no...then she tells me she loves me later on when all the tears have dried.
She is excited to see me when I pick her up from school.
She is not so excited to see me when I pick her up from Memaw...but she still goes home with me anyway.
She gives me kisses.
She gives me hugs.
She gives me a headache at times but then she goes to sleep and I am reminded of how lucky I am to have her.
Some days she begs me to keep her and not take her to school.
Some days she barely waves goodbye when I drop her off...but she tells me she missed me when I pick her up.
She tells me stories.
She sings to me.
She dances for me.
She even shares with me her life, her time, her wishes, her dreams, her hopes, her future.
She also sometimes shares her food with me (like on Sunday when she asked if I wanted her to share her Oreo cookies with me...of course I said yes...she broke the cookie open and gave me the half with no cream filling...then she licked the cream filling off her side and handed me that side of the cookie...now creamless...as well...if that isn't love I don't know what is).

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment