Saturday, May 28, 2011

Why Is It...

Why is it that your children always behave better for other people???

In order to get Dotty in the bath tub at night I have to beg, barter, and threaten to beat the child at times. If she has to wash her hair then the real fun begins. It takes 30 minutes to do the entire process and we are both worn out, tired, and teary when it is over. Brushing her teeth is another not-so-fun chore and usually requires more of me telling her to do it or the Ariel toothbrush is going in the trash can. Heaven help us when it comes time to brush her hair. Several times I have given up completely and we have actually gone into her school and I have had her teacher tell her she has to brush her hair. I have no shame at this point in life.

The other night my friend Jeri came over to visit. She offered to get Dotty ready for bed. What I am about to say is no lie....

Dotty was bathed...hair washed and all...and out of the tub in less than 10 minutes. She did not fuss once. She brushed her teeth for Jeri with only one small comment of which Jeri totally ignored. Then she even let Jeri brush her hair out!

I am considering having Jeri move in with us and paying her good money to do this for me every day. I think it would save my sanity and my vocal chords.

No comments:

Post a Comment