Friday, May 13, 2011

I am a Nichols!

Most of the time Dotty is a pretty self assured little girl. She is not as shy as I am and she definitely has her own unique style when it comes to fashion. She is very comfortable in her own skin (and I hope she always is).

Like most 3 years old Dotty thinks she can grow up to be anything she wants to be. Some of her favorites are a vet, a doctor, a movie star, a princess, a mermaid, a rock star, a basketball player, a mommy, a daddy, Minnie Mouse, Dora, and a million others. She thinks she can meet Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Belle, or even Hannah Montana someday (if only I would take her to Disney World!). She wants to climb a mountain some day, join the circus, eat all the snow cones in the world, and ride on a dolphin under the sea.

In Dotty's eyes she is the best at everything! She thinks that because we all tell her that (except when Presley is around to point out otherwise). The other day we were sitting on the back porch with Memaw eating our dinner when several birds flew in our yard. Dotty started her "unique" bird call (unique to say the least).

I said, "Dotty you have the best bird call."
She responded with a nonchalant "I know."
I said, "Are you so good at everything because you are 3 or is it because you are Dotty."
She said "Because I am a Nichols!"

That mentality will serve her well someday...I have no doubt on the basketball court or golf course or classroom. For those of you who don't know Tony well he was the kind of athlete that wanted the last shot, he was the type of coach that wanted the game to be close...he thought those were the most fun...he always thought he could win too. There was never a doubt in his mind. It was one of the things I most admired about him. Dotty gets her "winner's spirit" from him and I couldn't be happier that she does!

No comments:

Post a Comment