Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Night at School

Dotty's school hosts a Father's Night and a Mother's Night each year. Father's Night has been quite a while back but Mother's Night was last night.

Dotty was not really thrilled about attending but we did make an appearance. I have no idea what Father's Night is like since no moms are allowed but I have a feeling it is a lot less stressful.

Like most mothers, I was constantly on edge. I wanted to make sure Dotty was playing well with others, that she was behaving, that she was being a good girl. Every time she took a toy away from a kid or demanded to use a certain marker or even began to pout or fuss I was reminding her to "be good"...telling her to "behave"...and giving her the evil eye. I was tense the entire time and I was not alone.

I looked around the room and saw all the mothers whispering to their children, dragging some out of the room, and many have very similar "mom stares". Mother's Night started at 7pm at by 7:45pm all the moms left school looking frazzled and exhausted...the kids did not look much better.

When Dotty and I got home Dotty just looked at me and said "I am glad that is over."

I burst out laughing then told her I agreed!

No comments:

Post a Comment