Friday, December 30, 2011

All About Mamma!

Okay this post is all about me...and since I am in fact Dotty's Mom I think it still works for her blog...

The main reason I am posting this is because I believe the best way to accomplish something is for people to be held accountable. I believe in that...and in guilt.

I want as many people to know about my 2012 New Year's Resolution as possible...this way I might just actually stick to it...out of accountability (and guilt)!

My New Year's Resolution for 2012 is to run a Half Marathon...yep...all 13.1 miles of it...before December 31, 2012. (And for those of you that know my life schedule...I really only have until about the first week of October to get this done because then I am too busy with pecan season!)

For those of you in good shape and/or who like to run...this might not seem like a big deal...but to me this is Mount Everest!!! I do not like to run and my shape is more pear...than good...although I am one plump pear...so as pear shapes go...then I am a good pear...but I digress...

So...by posting this on as many blogs as I have...(which is two...I have this one and the Pecan Shed's...I made it sound like I have tons of blogs...but two is almost more than I can handle) and by announcing it on Facebook (don't look for me on there...the Pecan Shed has a Facebook page..."LIKE IT" if you have not already)...and by telling as many people as I know and some random strangers that I feel driven to share this part of my life with...I am hoping that I will be forced to be held accountable for making this resolution a reality...if I don't then I will feel guilty (see how the guilt thing works?!)!!!

The next time you see me feel free to ask me how my training is going, how many miles I ran that day, or what I had for lunch...on second thought don't ask me about what I had for lunch...it might make me hungry again!

I will occasionally keep you posted on my progress (look how positive I am already...I am assuming there will in fact be progress).

See you at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment