Thursday, December 29, 2011

Deflated Not Dead...



This entire holiday season Dotty has loved looking at the lights all over town. She especially loves looking at the inflatable lighted displays like those of Santa, Snowmen, the Grinch, etc.

One morning when we were heading to school Dotty noticed that the snowman in front of a house in our neighborhood was deflated and lying in a puddle of nylon on the ground.

Dotty yelled, "Someone killed that snowman!"

I said, "He is not dead he is just deflated. At night they blow air up in him to make him stand up. Then they shine lights on him so we can see him. Then when morning comes they turn off the air and lights and he falls down on the ground like he is now."

Dotty sat for a second and said, "I am not sure if you know what you are talking about Momma."

I shook my head in agreement and said, "Sometimes I am not sure if I know what I am talking about either Dotty...but I do know the difference in a dead snowman and a deflated one."

When we drove by the house again that evening the snowman was back to his healthy, fat, and shining self.

Dotty yelled, "He's alive!"

It was a Christmas miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment