Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So many Toys and Books...So Little Time!

Dotty is spoiled. I know this. The child says "I want" and the child receives. In fact, with her birthday just around the corner, I have gotten to the point of threatening everyone( mainly Memaw) that Dotty does not need anymore toys until her birthday.

Just the other day I watched her purposely step on her Cinderella crown until it broke. Then she came crying to me saying she needed another one. I asked her if she broke the crown on purpose or if it was an accident. She looked at me with those big eyes and then scowled and said "On purpose. I want a new one." in a loud and hateful tone of voice.

I calmly had her throw the broken crown away and then sat her down and told her it was not nice that she broke her crown on purpose and that she would not be getting a new one. She could ask for one for her birthday and she MIGHT get one then.

This morning she put on her Cinderalla dress and shoes and this is the conversation that followed...

Dotty: Where is my NEW Cinderella crown???
Me: I did not buy you a new one. Do you remember what happened to your old one?
Dotty: Yes I BROKE it on PURPOSE. (two words said with much emphasis)
Me: And do you remember that I said you will have to ask for a new one for your birthday and you MIGHT get one then. (emphasis on one word)
Dotty: I want a Cinderella crown NOW! (emphasis...well I think you can guess)
Me: Well you are not going to get one now. Next time do not break the one you have.

Dotty stormed off crying and yelling. I believe I heard the words "wicked stepmother mommy" in there somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment