Friday, October 22, 2010

Character Clothes...

I have never been a big fan of wearing characters on my clothes. Only at Disney World would you see me with Mickey Mouse on my shirt. I don't remember ever wearing a Garth Brooks tshirt that had his face on it. However, I must confess that I am sure I had a few New Kids on the Block shirts that probably had Joey or maybe even all of them on it...but hey...give me a break...I was a 5th grader.

When I was pregnant, even though I did not know if I was having a boy or a girl, I knew I did not want the baby's room done in Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse, or even Precious Moment Characters. I also did not put Dotty in clothes that had characters on them...well not too often unless they were given as a gift.

Now though I am singing a different tune.

In an effort to get Dotty to wear something other than the Flip Flop Dress I will put her in anything. Luckily Memaw LOVES to buy clothes for Dotty and has bought a lot of Princess and Tinkerbell outfits.

Today Dotty went to school in a tshirt that had Cinderella, Belle, and Sleeping Beauty (Dotty's favorite princess) on it. (I don't know why but for some reason these 3 princesses seem to be together on a lot of things...they must have some good agents to have cornered the "princess merchandise" market.)

Dotty's pants had a crown on them and the word "princess" on it. While I don't think Dotty can read, she told me she knew it said princess.

Dotty's shoes had the famous 3 princesses on them and even her headband had Sleeping Beauty on it. She was also wearing Sleeping Beauty panties. We did not have any princess socks so Dotty decided to just go without socks entirely (Note to Memaw...Princess Socks).

Head to toe this girl was decked out in princess gear (and I am fairly certain it was all bought by Memaw).

As I looked at my child this morning I remembered my aversion to character clothes but seeing the smile on Dotty's face and knowing we did not have a big fight about what she was going to wear made me think...character clothes ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment