Thursday, October 7, 2010

Different Sippy...Same Story


So you all remember how we broke Dotty of her "Transitional Sippy" that she just never transitioned away from. The new sippy we gave her was the one above. This one has harder plastic on the mouth piece and the juice just sort of leaks out of it instead of Dotty having to suck it like a bottle.

We thought this would make Dotty more of an "active" rather than "passive" apple juice drinker and thus she might not take the sippy every hour or hour and a half each night. Our plan worked great for several weeks. I was wondering why we had not done it sooner. I was so busy patting myself on the back I did not see what was slowly beginning to take place.

The new "Take and Toss" princess sippy was slowly becoming just like the first sippy cup. Dotty started using it to console herself when she was upset. She started needing to drink it to fall asleep at night. And now worst of all...she asks for the sippy every time she wakes up in the night...and the last two nights have been the worst.

Dotty has gotten up just about every hour for the past two nights and she has demanded her sippy cup before she will go back to sleep. Well I am not waiting for the "3rd time is the charm" to change sippy cups on her again. Two nights of limited sleep is enough for me!

Tonight Dotty will have yet another cup...I am thinking a straw of some sort this time.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment