Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dotty's Confession...

Yesterday on the way to Dance Class Dotty said...

"I hate to tell you this Momma...."

Never a good way to start a conversation.

"I hit Enis today."
Me - "Why"
Dotty - "Because I wanted to."
Me - "That was not a nice thing to do. What did your teacher say."
Dotty - "The same thing you said."
Me - "Did you go to the Time Out Chair?"
Dotty - "No. I said I was sorry so I didn't have to sit in the chair."
Me - "Well I am glad you apologized."
Dotty - "Yeah. But I didn't really mean it."
Me - "....."

I really had no idea what to say. We had just pulled up to the place where Dotty takes Dance so as I got her out of the car I reminded her that it is not nice to hit....that we don't hit...and that when we do something wrong we need to apologize and mean it.

I don't think I am getting through though...only time (and Enis) will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment