Saturday, October 2, 2010

To Stitch or To Glue...


...That is the Question.

Today, Tony and Dotty were playing at a park in Henrietta when Dotty fell out of swing and busted her eye just below her eyebrow. Tony called me because he thought she needed to see a doctor.

We took her to Clinic Care at the Clinics of North Texas (both the speed and the service were very good). The nurses and the doctor on call all thought she needed something...stitches or glue.

I voted for glue...and come to think of it I did not even ask Tony...but he was standing right there and did not object...so I am going with the "speak now or forever hold your peace" theory and assume he agreed with me.

I have seen kids have cuts get "glued" and because of the location and because I was afraid Tony would pass out if they wanted to stitch her up I thought glue was our best option. We did the glue and I think it went well. Only time will tell.

Dotty was a champ! She was so good and still. She talked to the doctors...a little. Best of all, she never cried. She didn't make a peep while they cleaned it up, put the glue on, pushed the gash together, put more glue on, etc.

I was so proud of her. She may end up with a scar but we all have them. She is still beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment