Saturday, February 19, 2011

Girls Night Out...

In my 20s a good Girls Night Out would not even start until 9pm. We all spent hours getting ready, primping, and making plans. Then once we did get "out" we stayed out for quite a while.

Last night, Dotty and I had a Girls Night Out with Desiree, Emma, and Jeri. The night out was really a night in...the ladies all came over to our house. The party started at 6pm. I came straight from work. I did not brush my hair or anything. (I even noticed later on that my Shed shirt was dirty from cracking a customer's pecans). I did try to pick up the house a little...but I mean very little.

By 8pm everyone was gone so Dotty could get ready for bed.

Wow! Girls Night Out has changed in a decade.

I am here to tell you though, I had more fun last night watching Dotty play with a friend and just sitting and visiting with my friends than I did most nights in my 20s. There was no drama. There was no fighting...not even between Emma and Dotty ...and since both are only children that is pretty impressive.

I was in bed and asleep before 9pm...and I went to bed with a smile on my face...and Dotty snuggled at my side.

It is so funny how life changes and how people change over time. In my 20s I would have never believed that a night like last night could have been so much fun, but now in my 30s I can't imagine doing anything else. Quite frankly, I have no desire to do anything else.

I do think we all have to have the nights in our 20s in order to enjoy and appreciate the nights in our 30s. I can't wait to see what nights in my 40s will be like. Considering Dotty will be a teenager when I am in my 40s, I have a feeling I better enjoy my 30s while they last!

No comments:

Post a Comment