Tuesday, February 15, 2011

True Love's Kiss...

Dotty has watched Enchanted about a million times and lucky for me it has been showing on ABC Family and Disney Channel a lot at night (our DVD player can take a break).

Last night we got home just to see the last 30 minutes of the movie. When the scene came on where Giselle gets kissed by Edward and Robert in an attempt to wake her up with "true love's kiss" Dotty turned to me and asked...

"Mommy, do you kiss boys."
My reply..."I try not to."
Dotty...long pause..."I want to kiss Cooper Gee."
Me...long pause..."Why?"
Dotty...pause..."Because he is my friend."
Me...pause..."Well I have lots of friends and I don't kiss them. I give them hugs. Do you want to kiss any of your other friends?"
Dotty...pause..."Maybe. But I don't think they will let me. They might hit me."
Me..."Well then let's just not kiss anybody. Ask them if you can give them a hug and if they say no then ask them if you can give them a high five."
Dotty..."Okay."

Dotty is 3 going on 13. I am not looking forward to Dotty liking boys...or wanting to kiss any of them (immediate family members excluded).

No comments:

Post a Comment