Friday, February 25, 2011

Group Kisses...

Lately when Memaw leaves she, Dotty, and I do a "group kiss" goodbye. This is basically where Memaw and I sandwich Dotty between us as we kiss Dotty on the checks. Dotty puckers up but she really never kisses either of us (or at least not me...I have a sneaking suspicion Memaw might be getting all the kisses).

Today when I dropped Dotty off at school she wanted a "group kiss" goodbye. Since Memaw was not there Dotty started looking around the room for someone to take Memaw's place.

I knew where this was going...Cooper Gee would have been her first choice.

Thinking fast on my feet, I told Dotty we would use a doll to play Memaw. While this was not exactly what Dotty had in mind she went along with it anyway.

As I walked out the door I warned Mrs. Hall to be on the lookout for any "group kisses" that might be about to take place. A teacher's life is never dull...neither is a mom's.

No comments:

Post a Comment