Thursday, February 24, 2011

McQuestion...



Dotty and I did not go through the McDonald's drive thru this morning, but we do on a lot of mornings on our way to school.

(Side Note: My child will never starve, but she will also not get many homemade meals either. I am not a very good cook, I don't like to cook or to clean up after I cook, and I really don't have much time to cook.)

When you pull up to the speaker at McDonald's, they have a prerecorded voice asking if you would like to try the promotional meal they are pushing at the time. Right now that meal is the Fruit and Maple Oatmeal.

So when we pull up to the speaker, a female voice asks in a very cheery voice, "Would you like to try our new Fruit and Maple Oatmeal today?"

Usually I just say "No thank you" and wait for a human to come on and say "I will take your order as soon as you are ready."

(Side Note: Yes...I do realize how sad it is that I know the speech by heart. Trust me...the McDonald's we go to knows our order by heart and the employees have also commented on the fact that I got a new car and ask me where my little girl is every time Dotty is not with me. I am like the "Norm" of McDonald's.)

Earlier this week Dotty asked me "Why does that lady always ask us to try the Oatmeal?"

I simply said "She just wants us to try it but we don't have to."

Okay...conversation over I thought.

The next day, we pull up to the speaker and the minute the prerecorded message starts Dotty (without any warning) screams, "WE DON'T WANT YOUR OATMEAL!"

After a second of being shocked, I started laughing so hard I could barely talk to the poor woman trying to take my actual order.

Then, as we pulled up to the window to pay and again at the window to get our food, Dotty reminded each lady in a loud voice, "We don't want the oatmeal."

I really hope Dotty does not end up working at McDonald's some day. Karma might pay her back for that little trip through the drive thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment