Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Am Changing My Name...

I remember growing up my mom used to say to me and Jake..."I am going to change my name to Daddy!"

I never really understood what she meant until I have been at home with Dotty a lot during these snow days. Now I too want to change my name.

It never failed...anytime I went to the bathroom, got something to eat, hopped in the shower...whatever...Dotty would holler "Momma!"

If I did not respond within 1.5 seconds then I heard "Momma, Momma, Momma" said at different pitches and increasing in volume each time.

I know Dotty is spoiled because she is an only child, but I also realize that me being her only playmate at home is sometimes not a lot of fun. I have dishes to do, laundry to fold, beds to make, and occasionally I need a shower and at 3 years old it is hard to play by herself for an extended duration.

I know I am so lucky to be Dotty's momma...I just have to remind myself of that from time to time when life gets hectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment