Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Funny Girl...

Kids say the funniest things...I believe that was the title of a television show once...but it is so true. Dotty is constantly saying things that are just down right hysterical to me. Of course, being her mother, I am usually living on less sleep than normal which tends to make me giddy.

At church this past Sunday Dotty and I were back in the classrooms playing. It was time to go because church was over but Dotty was not done with all the toys. I was trying to come up with a good excuse to make her want to leave so I told her, "If you go with Nana then I bet Daddy will jump with you on the trampoline." (Remember Dotty got her trampoline this past Christmas from Santa and for many reasons the trampoline is at Howard and Ruth Ann's house.) Dotty just looked at me and asked, "Do you think Santa will move the trampoline to our house someday?"

I just cracked up! To be so sweet and innocent and think that she has to ask Santa to move the trampoline just made me smile for the rest of the day!!!

Then later that night Ruth Ann and I were at the evening church service and Ruth Ann told me what Dotty had said to her. Tony's birthday was the 16th but they were making him a birthday cake on Sunday. Ruth Ann, Julie, and Dotty were all in on the project. When it came time to decorate Julie asked Dotty, "What do you think Daddy's birthday cake will say?" Dotty looked at Julie and said very somberly, "Julie...birthday cakes don't talk."

I burst out laughing at that one (good thing the service had not yet begun)! It amazes me what the world must look like to a 2 and a half year old little girl. Everything is so black and white and lots of things are new and exciting. What a wonderful way to see things!

No comments:

Post a Comment