Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Twos are Tough on a Girl...

I don't know who is having a harder time with the "2's"...me or Dotty. I know she gets frustrated because she is sort of like a little adult in a child's body. She can talk (wow can she talk) but she still has a hard time dealing with her emotions and communicating them to me and others at times. She has the "fit throwing" stereotype of a 2-year old down to an art form but really I think she just has difficulty understanding and expressing her feelings (either that or she is bi-polar...just kidding).

Last night for instance, I went to the gym to workout after work while my mom watched Dotty. When I got to Mom's apartment Dotty was thrilled to see me! I am talking BIG hugs, LOTS of kisses, all sorts of "I love you Mommy with all my heart!" (that is one of her newest sayings...with all my heart...it is just precious...of course I hear her saying it to Dora on tv too so I don't feel all that special). Life was good.

Then it was time to go home. Whoa...all heck broke loose. When we did get her in the car she was happy for a while playing with her new Rintoo (the tiger from Kai-lan...a show on Nick, Jr.) that Grandma (my mom) had bought her but only minutes into the drive she throws Rintoo into the very back of my Tahoe and chunks her sippy cup at me (while I am driving) and starts screaming (you see how the bi-polar fits in). She screamed the whole way home.

Now I know what many of you (including my mother) will say...and yes I do realize she was tired but my goodness! It was a tough 30 minutes for us both. About Petrolia she was crying saying "I want my Rintoo and Sippy. I want to be a good girl!" That just broke my heart. I could not reach either of the objects even if I wanted to give them to her and I was not going to pull over on Hwy 79 at dark to try and find them while risking my life. We made it home and the minute I gave them to her she threw them at me again. Needless to say we went in and went to bed very shortly after that.

Today has been a great day though. She woke up early so we actually got to school on time. Yay! She was excited to go and she was excited when I picked her up. Both of those events make my heart happy (as Kai-lan would say). It is a beautiful day so I am sure she and Grandma will play outside a lot!

All in all the 2's are tough but I am sure we will survive. I hope the 3's will be better. I hope the 13's through 18's will be at least survivable!

No comments:

Post a Comment