Monday, March 1, 2010

Play-doh Woes...

For those of you with little ones who love to play with Play-Doh I have a warning for you...watch those little hands carefully! Dotty was playing with yellow Play-Doh about a week ago and she came into the kitchen where I was washing dishes. She said..."Look at my earrings Momma!" I glanced at her ears and saw nothing (she has dress-up clip-on earrings so I thought she might have them on). A little later she came in and and said "Look Mommy". That is when I noticed a highlighter yellow substance coming out of her nose. I grabbed her up (trying not to panic and scare her in the process) and asked her what it was. She smiled and said "Play-Doh". I then looked at her ears and noticed she had put Play-Doh INSIDE both her ears. I was able to get the yellow "earrings" out of her ears with no trouble but the Doh up her nose was not budging. I called her pediatrician and the nurse said to just watch it, stop trying to get it out because I was more than likely shoving it up higher into her nostril, and she would probably blow or sneeze it out soon. Well, I called both Mom and Tony to tell them the story and by the time I got off the phone Dotty was really rubbing at her nose. Within minutes she sneezed and a snotty string of yellow Play-Doh was hanging from her nose. At first I was disgusted, then I thought about taking a picture of her with it, and finally my "mommy genes" kicked in and I simply grabbed a tissue and got it all out. Dotty and I then had a little talk about the proper uses of Play-Doh. She still plays with the stuff almost daily but now I keep a close watch on her!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the warning, I never thought about all the "different" uses for play doh! Haha!

    Its so good to see new pictures of your beautiful girl! We really need to get our girls together soon, I bet they would have so much fun playing!

    ReplyDelete