Friday, December 3, 2010

Fighting All Night...

Dotty talks a lot in her sleep. Actually Dotty fights with people in her sleep most of the time. She argues with Presley, her friends at school, Elmo, Dora, random strangers, etc.

I don't like to sleep with Dotty for this exact reason. She yells, she wiggles around, she has even thrown a punch or two.

Last night (or rather this morning) at 4am Dotty woke up needing food. (By the way...I totally blame this trait on her Memaw...the notorious night eater!)

Anyway...after eating a banana...with her eyes closed mind you...Dotty asked me to sleep with her. Since I only had less than an hour and a half left before my alarm went off I thought...what the heck.

As we were drifting off to sleep with our faces close together because she was snuggled up so close to me Dotty was pretty much asleep and so was I when all of sudden...

Dotty yelled out "FLASHLIGHT!"

Now I have no idea why she said this. I don't know if she does either. It seemed to startle both of us but she just smiled sleepily and then go back to sleep.

I kissed her nose and tried to do the same.

The next hour was spent with Dotty kicking me, yelling at Presley, and claiming everything was hers!

I got out of bed at 5:15am. The final kick to the kidney did me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment