Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Praying...

Dotty and I pray every night. Usually I say the prayer and Dotty sort of mumbles along with me then gives a big "AMEN" when we are done.

Last night she told me she wanted to say the prayer...here is how it went...

"Dear Lord, Thank you for Jesus and for everybody. Thank you for Santa. Did you know Santa brings gifts to all the good girls and boys? He does! He also puts black rocks in the bad boys and girls stockings. I hope the bad boys and girls will be good so they don't have to get black rocks. Thank you for Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman. Thank you for the Baby Jesus. Did you know I am going to be Mary at school? Thank you for Mommy and Daddy and Nana and Papa and Memaw and Presley's Papaw and Kathy and Gary and Payton and Presley and everyone else...."

Then she looked at me and told me there were a lot of people she had to thank God for. I told her that was a good thing. She continuted...

"I love you God and I love Jesus and Santa and Tinkerbell....AMEN!"

Then she said..."How did I do Momma?"

Perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment