Monday, April 25, 2011

Dotty's Vocab

Dotty (like most children I am sure) at times comes up with a unique way of saying something.

This morning Dotty was getting herself dressed for school. Dotty has wanted to dress herself for some time. The phrase "I can do it myself" is uttered often and gets progressively louder most mornings at our house.

I don't even try to help her anymore. I just pass by her room, look in, and say little reminders like...
- That is on backwards.
- Your shoes are on the wrong feet.
- Did you remember to put on panties?
Things like that.

Today Dotty was sitting in a chair in her room about to pull her dress over her head. I just happened to be close by hanging up clothes in her closet when Dotty looked at me and asked...

"Is this rightwards?"

I just smiled and said yes. Lots of things in life are backwards, upside down, and sideways...but for one short moment in time...everything was "rightwards" in our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment