Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Toilet Bow

This story about Dotty happened some time ago and it took place when Dotty was with Tony, Nana, and Papaw. Thus, I just heard about the story and did not witness it first hand. Although I sure wish I had...I can only imagine how funny it was to see in person!

Dotty was at a mall with Tony and his parents. Nana always dresses Dotty up super cute and always has a matching bow in her hair. Some of Nana's bows are considerably larger than the bows I use and they are definitely cuter than mine (I stick to basic colors...Nana...being what all grandmas are supposed to be...awesome...goes all out with bows...just ask her what one of her bills was at Morath's Originals).

So the story goes as I heard it, Dotty had to go potty and Daddy got the duty (pun intended). They went to the bathroom and somehow while Dotty was using the potty the bow fell out of her hair and into the toilet. Daddy being the great daddy that he is....flushed it! (I also heard that this particular bow was one of the larger ones and there was some concern it would even go down.)

Dotty was traumatized. I can only imagine it was similar to how a child feels when they have to flush their first goldfish or how a parent feels when their expensive watch heads out to sea via indoor plumbing. She was so distraught that her bow had been flushed and she was even more upset Daddy was going to make her tell Nana (I have a feeling Tony was not trying to be mean...he was just wanting to see exactly how a 3 year old would explain what just happened...and I would have done the same thing).

Tony had her go outside and with her head hung low she told Nana her bow had fallen in the toilet and they had flushed it. Nana told me it was the saddest thing to see how upset Dotty was to have to tell her the bow was no longer with them...sad and yet funny at the same time.

When I got Dotty on that Sunday she would not even tell me the story...of course I had already heard it by then but Dotty was too distraught to recount the event to me. Since then Dotty has told me the story at least a dozen times. Sometimes the story goes that the bow jumped off her head, sometimes a monster threw it in the toilet and sometimes Daddy threw it in the toilet. Each story ends with Dotty telling me "Nana was so sad we lost the bow." And I always say..."I am sure she was but at least she still has you."

Somewhere some sewer rat is looking real pretty in that bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment