Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kissed by an Angel...

I have a lot of freckles and several moles. Growing up I did not like them. My grandma loved them though. I really did not like the three moles that are on the right side of my face. Grandma told me that moles were "beauty marks" so I must be three times beautiful. That made me feel better.

I also was not fond of all the freckles that covered my nose and cheeks. Grandma told me they were Angel Kisses. She said I must be really loved to have gotten so many kisses. I never looked at freckles the same since.

The other night Dotty pointed out a freckle to me on her shoulder. She asked why she had a brown dot on her arm. I told her it was a freckle. She said she didn't like them. I showed her all the freckles on my nose and the ones I have spotting my arms. Then I told her what Grandma had told me...they were Angel Kisses. I told her the same story Grandma had told me about how you get Kissed by an Angel.

Late at night when you are sound asleep the angels watch over you and they love you so much they cannot resist giving you a kiss. Every time they kiss you a freckle appears on your skin as a reminder that you are loved.

Dotty was so happy. She started looking all over her body for more Angel Kisses. In no time at all that girl was completely naked and we had counted quite a few. Dotty hopped up and down so excited about all her kisses from the angels. Then she looked at me and stopped all of a sudden.

She pouted out her lip and when I asked what was wrong she said that I had a lot more kisses than she did so the angels must love me more. I just hugged her and pointed out that I had been alive longer than her so I had more nights for the angels to kiss me.

The next night Dotty pointed out her Angel Kiss on her shoulder to me again to show me it was still there. Then she reached up and kissed my nose.

That was by far the best kiss from an angel I have ever gotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment