Monday, June 6, 2011

Packed and Ready

Dotty packs up her things EVERY time we go ANYWHERE!!! And if she is going to see her Daddy for the weekend she packs up almost her entire toy room!

I am not sure if all kids do this, if it is just a phase, or if Dotty is just...well special?!?!

I don't fight her on the packing. Life is too short.

She fills up one bag and asks for another...I get her one.
She fills up all the bags we have (and being girls...we have LOTS of bags)...I get her old birthday gift bags that I saved (originally thinking I would use them to scrapbook with but really...who am I kidding???).

Dotty's packing does two things for me.
#1 - It occupies her so I can get some stuff done.
#2 - When I unpack her toys I often clean out a few and donate them.

So I think it is a win/win situation.

Tony on the other hand just looks at the back of my SUV and shakes his head. I am sure he wonders why in the heck I let her do this.

Oh that reminds me...Dotty's packing also helps me out in one more way.
#3 - I don't have to be the bad guy and tell her she can't take that stuff with her...Tony does.

Payback for the caterpillar buddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment