Saturday, June 4, 2011

We Had a Visitor...

The other night Dotty and I had a very busy "visitor" at our house. His (or her...I am not really sure) name was "Nobody".

The first time I realized Nobody was at our house was when I went into Dotty's toy room and the popcorn was thrown all over the floor. She was sitting calmly in a chair watching her movie. When I got on to her for making a mess with the popcorn she told me she didn't do it. I asked her, "Well if you didn't do it, then who did?"
She said, "Nobody."

Later that night I walked into the living room to find my area rug all rolled up and pushed to the side. I asked Dotty, "Why did you roll up the rug." She said she didn't do it. I asked her, "Well if you didn't do it, then who did?"
She said, "Nobody."

When Dotty was taking a bath I came back in the room from getting a warm towel out of the dryer and water was all over the floor. I got on to her for turning our bathroom into a man made lake. She said she didn't do it. I asked her, "Well if you didn't do it, then who did?"
She said, "Nobody."

At that point I informed both Dotty and Nobody (who must have been hiding because I could not see him/her) that it was bedtime and it was time for Nobody to leave. I also told Dotty that since Nobody had not been a very good guest in our home I would appreciate it if she did not invite him/her back.

The next morning, I was getting Dotty ready for school when I found a trash can turned over in the floor. I got on to her for making such a mess. She said she didn't do it.

Oh great! Here we go again!

I said, "Well if you didn't do it, then who did." Although why I asked I don't know since I already knew the answer...or did I???
She said, "Nobody's Cousin...her name is Presley just like my cousin."

I could not help myself. I started laughing so hard I cried. That made picking up the trash not seem so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment