Monday, August 29, 2011

Dotty as Bridezilla

Yesterday Dotty dressed up like a "bride" at Memaw's house...complete with veil, shoes, and bouquet. She even had Memaw and me serve as her "bridesmaids"...but we were more like slaves if you want me to be honest.

I don't usually let Dotty watch anything but Disney movies and Nick Jr but somehow that girl must have seen the show "Bridezilla" because the word Diva does not even begin to say how demanding Dotty was.

Memaw and I were told when to walk, how to walk, when to talk, what to say, and we were severely scolded if we did not obey. I am telling you if looks could kill I would be dead several times over by now.

After plenty of time had passed playing "bride" (let me tell you 30 minutes felt like 3 hours) I told Dotty it was time for us to go home. When she asked if she could wear her bride's outfit home you had better believe it that I did not object. I value my life too much.

However, when she requested (that sounds better than demanded...but we all know the truth don't we) that I wear my veil home as well (our bridesmaid's outfits were quite elaborate) I tried to decline. When I saw what was about to be the result of my refusal (and Memaw's pleading look for me to just give in) I decided to withdraw from this battle in hopes of winning the war.

I got several double looks from the people who passed by...but it was all worth it. I had a happy girl...a happy bride...and a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment