Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Half Way There...

I am about half way through Dotty's vacation with the Nichols. While I have got a lot done, I am missing her quite a bit.

Last night I did not even want to go home to a quiet, empty house. Normally I would have a million things to do...laundry, dishes, dinner, etc. But when I don't have to give a bath, play dress-up games, or dance with Dotty I am able to get things done faster...therefore everything was done up on Sunday.

The evenings when Dotty is home usually seem so hectic and fast. Last night felt so empty and slow. I sat back in my room and watched my tv show and I did not even have to set the DVR in order to watch it.

Life with an "almost" four year old is definitely more difficult...but it is also way more fun. I know Dotty is having a blast on family vacation (in fact I hear she is practically living in a hot tub) but I am ready for my little girl to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment