Monday, August 15, 2011

The Highlights from Dotty's Vacation

According to Dotty the best things about the Nichols family vacation were...

#1 The airplane ride! It was Dotty's first but the thing that impressed her the most was that "they served you drinks!" Dotty got a Sprite on the way to Denver and a Coke on the way to Dallas. She informed me Dr. Pepper was not an option.

#2 The minivan. While Tony and Brittany appeared less thrilled about their wheels in Colorado, Dotty was apparently very sad to see the minivan returned. She asked both me and Brittany if we could get one. Needless to say, both Brittany and I declined to trade in our SUVs.

#3 Smurfs. The kind you get in the McDonald's Happy Meals. It appears Dotty got 3 different Smurfs while in Colorado...and to an almost 4 year old that is way more impressive than the Rocky Mountains.

I know Dotty got to do a lot of great things and spend a lot of quality time with her family. It is always just so funny to me how kids view things in life...what is important to them...or at least what they say is important to them.

The best part of the vacation for me was seeing Dotty's face when I picked her up at the airport in Dallas. Priceless! I still get teary just remembering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment