Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Dotty!

Today at 5:55pm Dotty will "officially" be 4 years old! Trust me...I remember the exact minute! Best moment of my life!!!

This past year has been amazing...difficult at times...but amazing nonetheless. Dotty is (in my eyes) the best little girl to ever walk this world (okay so I might be biased but she is definitely in the running).

I love how Dotty has grown up into a little "person". She has her own ideas, her own opinions (usually the exact opposite of mine), and she has her very own unique and totally adorable personality.

Before I know it my 4 year old will be 14 but in the meantime I am trying to enjoy every moment possible. Even the every day, run of the mill, don't seem too extraordinary moments are treasured. Life is too precious not to treasure all of it.

This morning I woke up Dotty by softly singing the "Happy Birthday" song. She smiled...yawned really big...then said, "Let's get this birthday started!"

She cracks me up sometimes!

The rest of the morning I had a total "Birthday Diva" on my hands. Dotty referred to herself in the 3rd person the entire morning and she called herself "Birthday Girl".

Birthday Girl wants breakfast.
Birthday Girl is done with breakfast.
Birthday Girl wants Mommy to dress her.
Birthday Girl does not like that dress.
Birthday Girl is ready to go to school now.

Birthday Girl's Mom was ready for her to go to school too! Geez! Good luck Mrs. Grace!!!

At school, Dotty went up and down all the halls and into every room telling everyone it was her birthday! At 4 years old this is totally cute. If I tried it next month when I am...well not 4 years old...I have a feeling I would not get the same reaction from people.

We still have much more planned for today. Parties and people coming by to visit...presents, cake, and all kinds of fun stuff! I don't know if Dotty will be exhausted by I sure will!!!

This next year I wish 4 things for Dotty:
1. I wish she will continue to be a happy and healthy girl.
2. I wish that she will have lots of fun with lots of friends...old and new.
3. I wish she will have both successes and failures because both will make her stronger.
4. I wish that Dotty will keep her innocence and her excitement about the world for just a little bit longer. Children see the world so differently and I hope Dotty can keep that point of view for as long as possible.

Happy Birthday to Dotty!!! She is a true birthday diva and princess and all around special girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment