Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Potty Problems

Dotty had potty problems at school yesterday...she wet her pants at the playground. At first I just shrugged it off as playing too hard and not paying attention. Then she didn't make it to the potty in time at our house later that night. She was in a ballerina outfit so I wondered if she just had trouble getting the leotard off.

But when she had another accident this morning...I was completely at a loss for what was up with my child. We had a long talk and during the talk she said she wanted to be a baby again.

Aha!

I think Dotty is having a little trouble with being jealous of her baby sister Dylann. Now I am sure this is all normal. I have no doubts Dotty would have been jealous of a second child even if Tony and I had stayed married. I don't think us being divorced has much to do with it at all. I also know that Tony, Brittany, and everyone try to make Dotty feel special.

Tony thought Dotty was just trying to get attention...and maybe she is. I went with the approach of talking to Dotty...explaining to her what makes being a "big girl" so much better than being a "baby"...and I told her that I quite frankly didn't want to continue to clean up accidents.

We made a "pinky promise" for her to try at school today to not have an accident. I made a mental promise to make sure I ask Dotty a million times if she needs to go potty.

Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment