Friday, September 23, 2011

Play Date Can't Wait

Today Dotty is going to have a play date with a little girl from her class...Ava. Dotty has been so excited about this event that we have had a countdown all week. Last night she was so excited she could barely sleep. She kept asking me "When I wake up that is the day I get to have a play date with Ava?" My response "Yes"...said with so much enthusiasm after the 15th time she asked.

Usually Dotty is not a morning person...she gets that from her daddy. She typically draws out the whole getting dressed and getting in the car process for an unbelievable amount of time. Today was a different story though.

She up dressed and ready to go by 7:15am...she doesn't have to be at school until 9am. She was trying to open the backdoor and get in the car before I had even had a chance to turn off the alarm system! I thought...great...wake the entire neighborhood and let them know that a play date with Ava is a five alarm event!

I am about to leave to go get the girls from school and take them to Chuck E Cheese. I just hope the play date is a success...otherwise I might not ever be able to use Ava as a means to get Dotty dressed ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment