Friday, March 11, 2011

Compliments From A 3 Year Old

At night Dotty gets really chatty when she is trying to fight off sleep. She talks about a lot of random things.

Sea lions, Mulan, flowers, Mrs. Hall, Cooper Gee, Nana's car, Daddy's nose, Memaw's apartment, and so forth and so on...

There is really no rhyme or reason to any of it. She just rambles. Sometimes I have a hard time not laughing...sometimes I have a hard time not demanding she stop talking and go to sleep...usually I just listen quietly.

Last night we were face to face on her pillow. Dotty's eyes had already closed several times for several seconds. I was just about to close my own eyes when I felt Dotty's little hand on my face.

Dotty said, "Mommy, you are so beautiful."
Me "Thank you...so are you."
Dotty "And Mommy you are so kind and so much fun and you have pretty eyes..."
Me "Ohhh..thank you sweetheart. You make me feel so good. I love you."
Dotty "I love you too Mommy. And you know what else?"
Me "What?"
Dotty "You have stinky breath."
Then Dotty's eyes shut and she was sound asleep.

Now being the great mother that I am...I kissed my sweet baby girl on the cheek...and went to brush my teeth...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment