Friday, March 4, 2011

Working for the Water Bottle



Last night Dotty and I went to visit Presley's soccer practice. I try to keep Dotty busy on Thursdays because at that point in the week she is really missing Tony and so I try to find activities to make the time pass by faster.

We got to practice and about 10 little 5/6 year old girls were running around...some were playing soccer...some were just playing. After a few minutes they got to have a water break.

Presley came over to drink out of her bright pink water bottle. Dotty, of course, then wanted a water bottle too. I had a sprite in the car but no water bottle. Bad Mom I know.

I told Dotty that the water bottles were only for the girls who were playing soccer. My child is like most kids...she looks for loopholes.

After a few minutes of pacing back and forth beside the water bottle, Dotty headed over and snagged a soccer ball from the ones to the side of the field. She asked if I would kick the ball with her.

After about 3 kicks...Dotty wiped her forehead, let out a loud sigh, and then proclaimed..."I need a drink from Presley's water bottle."

Jake caved and let her have one.

We went back to kicking the ball. Two kicks this time and then the declaration of needing a drink. She just went and got the bottle without waiting on the okay from anyone. Kicking again...this time we made it to about 5 kicks and she started to head to the bottle. I called a Time Out on that one.

I told Dotty that Presley was really running hard (well she really wasn't...she was one of the girls that was doing more "playing" that actual soccer...but she was out there) and we needed to save some for Presley.

That went over well. We ended up leaving soon after. Next practice, game, or any outside activity we attend I will make sure to have a water bottle...hopefully the exact same one as Presley!

No comments:

Post a Comment