Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Talking to God

Lately Dotty has said some pretty funny and sweet things in regards to God. Here are a few.

One day we were playing at a park and it was a truly beautiful day. Dotty puckered up big and made a smacking sound. Then she said, "I kissed the Day, Mommy."
I said, "God made this perfect day you know?"
Dotty said, "I have a kiss for God too but I am saving it until I see Him."
Pretty cute, huh?!?

****************************************************************************************

Another day Dotty really wanted to go to a park but it was getting late and it was cold and windy. She even tried to bargain with me and asked to go to the indoor park at McDonalds. I still said no.
When we got in bed that night and said our prayers Dotty said, "Thank you for flowers and princesses and my toys. And God please make sure that when Mommy picks me up from school tomorrow she takes me to the park at McDonalds."
Apparently Dotty skipped a few levels on the chain of command and went straight to the Big Guy Upstairs.

By the way...her prayer was answered.

****************************************************************************************

Last night Dotty's prayer was fairly long and included not only a small version of the Little Mermaid story but it also included an original song by Dotty. I think I dozed off at some point.
When I heard the loud "AMEN!" I was slightly startled but told Dotty she said a very good prayer.
She said "Thank you Momma. I think God likes my prayers. You might want to work on yours."

Point taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment