Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Marriage Minded

Sunday night without warning Dotty started tearing up. She pouted her lower lip out and said through a teary voice...

"Daddy said I can't get married."
I said, "Well who do you want to marry?"
Dotty, "Cooper Gee"

I stifled a laugh then said, "Perhaps when you are older you can get married...to whoever you want."

*********************************************************************************

Yesterday on the way home from Memaw's house Dotty asked me, "Are you married?"
I said, "No. But I was married to your Daddy at one time." (Dotty has seen our wedding pictures and has had a lot of questions about us being married lately.)
Dotty waited a minute then she said, "Well I am going to marry Daddy when I get to be your size."
I simply replied, "I think all little girls want to marry their daddies."

*********************************************************************************

This morning when I dropped off Dotty to Mrs. Hall I warned her to watch for a flying bouquet!

No comments:

Post a Comment