Monday, September 20, 2010

Bed Time Stories...Gone Bad!

Dotty loves to hear me tell her "Ariel" (which is "The Little Mermaid") and she loves to hear "Cinderella" too.

Sometimes though when I am really tired (which is just about every night) I start to drift in and out of sleep BEFORE Dotty goes to sleep WHILE I am still trying to tell her stories.

One night in particular I made it through "Ariel" just fine but when we got to "Cinderella" I started to get sleepy...very sleepy.

A few minutes in Dotty tapped me on the shoulder. I was startled and when I opened my eyes Dotty was sitting up in bed looking at me funny.

Dotty: "Mommy. What are you saying?"
Me: "I am telling you about Cinderella."
Dotty: "Well Ursula is not in Cinderella."
Me: "Did I say Ursula? I meant to say the Mean Stepmother."
Dotty: "And who is Chance? I thought the Prince's name was Phillip?"
Me: "It is. I am sorry. Let me start over."

I was so embarrassed. I sat up straight and made sure I did not fall asleep until Dotty did.

Apparently I was not only combining "The Little Mermaid" and "Cinderella" but was also throwing in a little "Young and the Restless" just to make things really interesting. (Side Note: I always knew Chance was still alive but they sure did milk it for all it was worth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment